French plant extracts firm in US distribution deal
The agreement will enable the warehousing, logistics and delivery of Nor-Feed products directly within the US.
This partnership covers all plant extracts in the Nor-Feed portfolio.
“The Nor-Feed products fit very well with Natural Biologics’ core principles of delivering natural animal health innovations that improve both animal performance and producer profitability,” commented Dr Charlie Elrod, president and CEO of Natural Biologics. “With our expanding network of locations, we can provide better access and local service to customers of Nor-Feed across the country.”
The Nor-Feed products that have already been introduced to the US market include:
- Nor-Grape – standardized dry grape extracts with antioxidant properties
- Nor-Spice AB – a premix of additives based on citrus extracts and standardized in citroflavonoids and pectic oligosaccharides, designed to improve feed efficiency and animal growth
- Norponin XO – saponins with anti-protozoal capacity for the management of parasites such as coccidia
- Norponin Opti – saponins known for their capacity to limit the production and the excretion of metabolic waste to limit environmental impact of farms
- Durelax – animal-calming plant extract
Market pull away from the use of antibiotics in animal production had been one of the factors that led Nor Feed to target the US market originally.
“We have been selling our products in the US for the past four years with increasing success,” said Gilles Le Thomas, senior business development manager, Nor Feed.
The import and custom clearance procedures involved in the sourcing of the plant extracts from France had proved challenging for some US customers, he told this publication.
The new logistic partnership will improve access to the company’s products in the US, shortening delivery times.
“Our clients will have the choice to either order in US dollars from an American warehouse or to continue to order directly from us in France."
Nor-Feed was established in France in 2003, in Anjou, an area known for medicinal plant production. Today, the company sells its products in around 30 countries worldwide.
“Our philosophy of documenting our plant extracts through both in vitro and in vivo trials brings added value. Moreover our customers appreciate the characterization and standardization approach we take as regards our products and the full transparency we provide on formulation as well as on product benefits,” Le Thomas told this publication.